Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

TRIVIA FRIDAY: TAGGED!


Image from here

I got tagged by Myne Whitman, so my response will be the post for the week.

The rules 
You must post 11 things about yourself. Answer the questions that your tagger posted for you. Create 11 questions, then choose 11 people and tag them to answer your questions. Don't forget to let them know they've been tagged. No tag backs. 

11 things (you probably didn’t know) about me
1. I had to consciously learn to swing my arms as I walk, after my older sisters did a thorough job of yabbing my walk. Even now it still takes effort; you’d notice if you watch closely.

2. I’m one of those Nigerians who cannot speak a Nigerian language, including mine (except maybe if you count pidgin; and my pidgin flow is not even smooth). And I’ve lived all my life in Nigeria.

3. Moulin Rouge is my favourite musical. I’ve seen it several times, but after the first time, I never watched past the Spectacular Spectacular showing. Satine dies right after *sob*

4. I enjoy killing flies when they get in my house. It makes me happy on the inside.     

5. I have a Nokia phone that’s about six years old and still works (and looks) well. See.



6. I don’t know my left from my right. I have to pause and consider before I say either.

7. My sense of direction is… Sigh. Let’s just say you don’t want me directing you anywhere (see 6 above).

8. I hardly ever get sick.

9. I know the smell of a dead cockroach that has been left in water for too long. Don’t ask.

10. I was that cute child at the salon with relaxer burning her scalp, but who for some reason would sit still until the attendant remembered to check on her. In some ways I still am.

11. I have never fought with anyone who’s not a sibling. And even with them, hardly ever.

Questions from Myne Whitman
1. How many brothers and sisters do you have?
A. I have four sisters and no brothers.

2. What do you consider as success?
A. Thriving in the place(s) where one is naturally gifted, simply put

3. Rank Fame, Happiness, Love, Health and Money in order of preference.
A. Health, happiness, love, money, fame

4. Will you go for a PhD degree?
A. Probably not

5. What kind of books do you like reading?
A. I used to do a lot of genre fiction, but these days I’m fond of short story collections and fiction by African writers.

6. What are your hobbies?
A. Writing, watching movies, listening to gist, reading

7. Chocolate or Ice cream?
A. Definitely ice cream

8. Your best movie and why?
A. This one is hard o. Can I answer three best movies? Okay: Moulin Rouge, Shrek 2, Three Idiots. Moulin Rouge because of the music and the quirkyness. Shrek 2 is really funny, I think. And I love the music there too. Three Idiots is absolutely hilarious, plus it has a great message.

9. What do you consider your best trait, personality or physical wise?
A. Patience; a slow temper.

10. Where did you last go on holiday?
A. Uk and Paris. Fun.

11. If you could be an animal, which would it be?
A. Emm… I couldn’t.

11 Questions from me
1. What would you do with your life if you knew money would never be a problem?

2. Do you believe in one soul mate for each person?

3. When last did you cry?

4. What would you change about yourself if you could, physically or otherwise?

5. Books or movies?

6. What was the most fun you had this week?

7. Have you ever struggled with an addiction (you don’t have to say what)?

8. What’s the quickest way for a member of the opposite sex to get your attention?

9. Do you like or show public displays of affection?

10. Are you currently holding a grudge against anyone?

11. What is the quickest way for a member of the opposite sex to lose your interest?

The tagged (ghen ghen!)


5 comments:

  1. oh oh i have been tagged, i enjoyed reading this , i have to check my left and right hand too, i think i finally memorized which one is which now, i have a poor sense of direction too, and i love moulin rouge... go figure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, fellow directionless Moulin Rouge lover.

      Delete
  2. Of course I feel flattered that you tagged me. Yesterday however I tried to answer some of my own questions on my blog and that didn't go well at all.

    But I'll quickly try and give it a go here:
    1) Money is always a problem, especially when I have too much to spend.
    2) No
    3) You'd have to see me cry.
    4) Even my barber tells me now I'm growing bald.
    5) Books with pictures
    6) What happens on the mountain stays on the mountain.
    7) I like to believe that my addictions balance each other out.
    8) She probably knows that better.
    9) I'm Dutch our capital is Amsterdam, go figure.
    10) Grudges are fun.
    11) I hope she never finds out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thanks for doing the tag and I enjoyed finding out some of the things we have in common, or not. So you're as cute and quiet as you look :)

    I love Moulin Rouge, but I think Phantom is my favorite musical. I have to check to get my right and left, I do better with directions and finding places, as far as there's no North or South, East or West, involved

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...