|Image from here|
I got tagged by Myne Whitman, so my response will be the post for the week.
You must post 11 things about yourself. Answer the questions that your tagger posted for you. Create 11 questions, then choose 11 people and tag them to answer your questions. Don't forget to let them know they've been tagged. No tag backs.
11 things (you probably didn’t know) about me
1. I had to consciously learn to swing my arms as I walk, after my older sisters did a thorough job of yabbing my walk. Even now it still takes effort; you’d notice if you watch closely.
2. I’m one of those Nigerians who cannot speak a Nigerian language, including mine (except maybe if you count pidgin; and my pidgin flow is not even smooth). And I’ve lived all my life in Nigeria.
3. Moulin Rouge is my favourite musical. I’ve seen it several times, but after the first time, I never watched past the Spectacular Spectacular showing. Satine dies right after *sob*
4. I enjoy killing flies when they get in my house. It makes me happy on the inside.
5. I have a Nokia phone that’s about six years old and still works (and looks) well. See.
6. I don’t know my left from my right. I have to pause and consider before I say either.
7. My sense of direction is… Sigh. Let’s just say you don’t want me directing you anywhere (see 6 above).
8. I hardly ever get sick.
9. I know the smell of a dead cockroach that has been left in water for too long. Don’t ask.
10. I was that cute child at the salon with relaxer burning her scalp, but who for some reason would sit still until the attendant remembered to check on her. In some ways I still am.
11. I have never fought with anyone who’s not a sibling. And even with them, hardly ever.
Questions from Myne Whitman
1. How many brothers and sisters do you have?
A. I have four sisters and no brothers.
2. What do you consider as success?
A. Thriving in the place(s) where one is naturally gifted, simply put
3. Rank Fame, Happiness, Love, Health and Money in order of preference.
A. Health, happiness, love, money, fame
4. Will you go for a PhD degree?
A. Probably not
5. What kind of books do you like reading?
A. I used to do a lot of genre fiction, but these days I’m fond of short story collections and fiction by African writers.
6. What are your hobbies?
A. Writing, watching movies, listening to gist, reading
7. Chocolate or Ice cream?
A. Definitely ice cream
8. Your best movie and why?
A. This one is hard o. Can I answer three best movies? Okay: Moulin Rouge, Shrek 2, Three Idiots. Moulin Rouge because of the music and the quirkyness. Shrek 2 is really funny, I think. And I love the music there too. Three Idiots is absolutely hilarious, plus it has a great message.
9. What do you consider your best trait, personality or physical wise?
A. Patience; a slow temper.
10. Where did you last go on holiday?
A. Uk and Paris. Fun.
11. If you could be an animal, which would it be?
A. Emm… I couldn’t.
11 Questions from me
1. What would you do with your life if you knew money would never be a problem?
2. Do you believe in one soul mate for each person?
3. When last did you cry?
4. What would you change about yourself if you could, physically or otherwise?
5. Books or movies?
6. What was the most fun you had this week?
7. Have you ever struggled with an addiction (you don’t have to say what)?
8. What’s the quickest way for a member of the opposite sex to get your attention?
9. Do you like or show public displays of affection?
10. Are you currently holding a grudge against anyone?
11. What is the quickest way for a member of the opposite sex to lose your interest?
The tagged (ghen ghen!)