Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

DEATH IS A HAPPY FACE

Image from here

To celebrate Short Story Day Africa, the 2011 Farafina Trust Creative Writing Workshop participants got together to write short stories 100 words or less. (Not an easy thing, I tell you.) Here's what I wrote.

With eyes and blade glinting, they come at me. I strain against the ropes, try to bite as she unties me and asks the evil child to hold me down.

I feel my blood run as the woman slits my throat. She drops the knife and they stand back, satisfied.

Surprise!

I spring up and bolt, my head flailing about, painting the ground red with life and defiance. They clap and squeal their enjoyment. My eulogy?

I fall. The last thing I see is the child. She is peering into my face with a smile.

"Mummy, it has died!"

The End.


Please visit our group blog, Linguistic Playfulness, to read more 100-word stories from other participants. Maybe leave a comment or two?

Happy belated Short Story Day Africa! 

5 comments:

  1. Wow! This is nice! The character here is a chicken I guess? *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I don't remember following that blog but somehow I get all their posts. I started getting the posts before I even knew what the blog was. Was that your doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure. It's on my blogroll, though. Maybe that's how you found it.

      Delete
  3. I found the words you've used a little gory. Sure of not for minor stuff. But fir creative side as a writer it shows hoe well you play with words.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...