Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

WHERE YOU SHOULD BE THIS WEEKEND...

...if you are in Lagos and love all things literary.

This evening, there's the Farafina Trust Literary Evening, to mark the end of the 2012 Farafina Trust Creative Writing Workshop organized by Chimamanda Adichie. Onyeka Onwenu will be performing and, of course, several notable writers will be there: Chimamanda herself, Binyavanga Wainaina, Rob Spillman, Jeff Allen and others.

Date: Today, 24th August 2012
Time: 5 pm
Venue: The Grand Ballroom, Eko Hotel and Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos

And tomorrow, Farafina will be launching the print version of Eghosa Imasuen's Fine Boys. Chimamanda will be hosting this event, and Binyavanga Wainaina will be reading from his work as well. A few lucky guests will leave with some Farafina books free!




Date: Tomorrow, 25th August, 2012
Time: 2 pm
Venue: Quintessence, Falomo Shopping Complex, Falomo, Ikoyi, Lagos

Both events are absolutely free!

5 comments:

  1. Interesting!!! Wish i saw this earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry :-(

      I think I'll start regularly announcing literary events I hear about on here.

      Delete
  2. I wish I was in Lagos...*sigh*
    Thanks for dropping by my blog

    PS - Do keep on announcing literary events regularly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I loved your blog. Thanks for stopping by.

    Okay, I'll definitely start making noise about literary (and other interesting) events I hear of.

    ReplyDelete