Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

YORK IN PICTURES


I really don't have any writing to post today, so I'm just going to cop out and post pictures.

Part of the things I determined to do coming to Manchester was travel; see as much of the UK as I possibly can, time and money duly considered. Last Saturday my hall organized a highly subsidized trip to York. I went, and I got pictures.


Some street with an obelisk
Clifford's Tower
Inside Clifford's Tower
View from top of the tower
This street was crowded because of the Food and Drinks Festival that was in town on that day.
Street performers
Random sign (thought it would be artistic)
York is a confluence town (I think). Parts of it got flooded due to heavy rains this year.
This river overflowed
They also thought this was worth capturing. See how far into the street the water is?







4 comments:

  1. Flooding everywhere. This climate crisis is real o, hmm.

    Nice pics and enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think York is particularly vulnerable to floods cos of the rivers.

      Back in Manchester now. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. This flooding matter is really terrible - for business and people. Meanwhile..who is Oga Clifford? Lol

    Nice pics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I don't know who Oga Clifford is o. Probably some old Yorkshire king...

      Delete