1. Thank the blogger that nominated you
2. List eleven random facts about you
3. Answer the questions by the blogger that nominated you
4. Nominate eleven other bloggers
5. Ask your nominees eleven questions
6. Notify your nominees
Eleven Random Facts about Me
1. I’ve never had a bike; never learnt to ride one.
2. If there’s any kind of party I can stand, it’s a house party. I’m a serious homebody.
3. I haven’t relaxed my hair since last August.
4. The strongest motivation to work is a deadline.
5. I’m not quick to dismiss conspiracy theories.
6. Not a hugger, but I'm a cuddler :-)
7. I think my nose is too big for my face.
8. I cannot stand being called ‘angel’, and I truly hate the word ‘damsel’.
9. The thought of a big, loud wedding scares and physically exhausts me.
10. Many people get the impression that I’m a last child, even though there are two after me.
11. I love watching America’s Next Top Model.
Eleven Questions from InTheMidstOfHer
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging mostly because a friend told me to, to get me to write more and share my work.
2. If you could be any fruit or vegetable, what would it be?
Ugly and prickly on the outside, but sooo lush and delicious on the inside, I would be a soursop. It smells so good they should make perfume out of its fragrance, as far as I’m concerned. (I also think this about corn, by the way.) Do not judge this fruit by its looks, folks.
3. Would you ever consider being a vegetarian/vegan?
4. What was/is your favourite subject at school?
Secondary school it was Literature in English; undergrad it was Creative Writing.
5. Are you scared of the dark?
6. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Probably some rice-based dish.
7. Favourite movie of all time?
It’s hard for me to pick a favourite, so I’ll pick two: Moulin Rouge and Snatch.
8. If you could change your name to anything, what would your new name be?
I wouldn’t change it.
9. Are you much of an adventurer? I’m talking bungee jumping, mountain climbing and all that jazz.
10. What’s the greatest thing about being your nationality?
I don’t know if it’s necessarily the greatest thing about being Nigerian, but I’m very proud of our writers. Every time a Nigerian writer gets an award or some form of recognition for their work, I feel really good even if I don’t particularly like their work. God knows Nigerians can use all the positives we get.
11. What do you do to keep fit?
Not a whole lot. I walk pretty fast, but not necessarily for fitness. I do stretches, sit ups and squats. And then there’s swimming, which I’m learning to do.
Eleven Questions for the Nominees
1. What is your idea of fun?
2. How do you think the world will end (if you do believe it will)?
3. What did you think of the last book you read?
4. Who was/is your latest crush?
5. Are you a morning lark or a night owl?
6. Mention two personality or character flaws that you are okay with/can tolerate.
7. What was the last gift you gave to someone? (Please do not say your heart.)
8. If you could take a picture of yourself as you are right this moment and send it to the person whose opinion matters the most to you in the whole wide world (and I mean a human person, not God), would you do it?
9. What would you do with your life if money suddenly became of no consequence?
10. What is the strongest temptation you have ever faced?
11. Do you think it is possible for a human to love unconditionally?